INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR THE ELIMINATION OF VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN.
From 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day, is a time to galvanize action to end violence against women and girls around the world. Brigidines invite all sisters, associates and colleagues to join in this action in whatever ways possible.
- Violence against women is a human rights violation
- Violence against women is a consequence of discrimination against women, in law and also in practice, and of persisting inequalities between men and women
- Violence against women impacts on, and impedes, progress in many areas, including poverty eradication, combating HIV/AIDS, and peace and security
- Violence against women and girls is not inevitable. Prevention is possible and essential
- Violence against women continues to be a global pandemic