Brigidine Sisters are mindful of all our partners in ministry, our carers, supporters, friends and families at this time. We are in solidarity with one another as we move through Holy Week and prepare to celebrate the great feast day of hope at Easter.
Everyone has their own experiences and thoughts about Holy Week. It is such a rich time of grace that no one word or descriptor sums up its deep meaning.
The following offer some other thoughts to ponder and pray about during Holy Week:
1. “Holy Week is a privileged time when we are called to draw near to Jesus.” (Pope Francis)
2. “Holy Week is no more holy than any other week, because all time belongs to God. But we can make it holy by setting it apart for sacred focus.’ (John Piper)
3. “All in all, (Holy Week) brings us face-to-face with the great question, why must this happen? What is all this suffering about? But deep down inside of us, we already know what the life of Jesus and these days confirm: there are some things worth living for, even if we find ourselves having to die for them as well.” (Joan Chittester)
4. “Holy Week becomes ‘holy’ when we forget ourselves in the love and service of others.” (Charles J Chaput)
5. “The week that changed the world continues to change our lives.” (Unknown)
6. “Holy Week is a string of days allowing us an opportunity to reflect on the shift in humanity that Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross launched. Each day allows us to peek into the heart of Jesus at close proximity and see His love reflected in every step toward the cross, every breath up to the last, and his resurrection.” (Meg Bucher)