On receiving Trócaire’s Romero Award recently, Irishman Dr Mike Ryan Executive Director of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Program stated in his acceptance speech that there are five key lessons to be learned from the world’s experience of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Covd -19 is a wake-up call to how we live our lives
- Covid-19 has highlighted the inequities that exist in the world
- We need to invest in healthcare rather than spending trillions on arms
- The only way to defeat this is by working together
- We must share vaccines to protect the most vulnerable people everywhere
As individuals and communities we have choices to make! To read more about these lessons go to: